Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gypsy Rose, pt. 1

As I haven't been utilizing this blog to its fullest potential, I thought it would would be silly to start another. So I'll be posting the setlists to my radio show, Gypsy Rose, here as well. Since it's a world music show, focusing on the music of Eastern Europe, it seems appropriate to incorporate it into this quasi-travel blog. And maybe I'll find the time to hash out some of the thoughts bouncing around my skull as well.

---
Tuesday, 9/7/10
Gypsy Rose, 1
Csokolom - "Amari Szi, Amari" (slow version)
Fanfare Ciocarlia feat. Esma Redzepova - "Ibrahim"
Leningrad - "Mama, Nalivay!"
DeVotchka - "Head Honcho"
Beirut - "The Gulag Orkestar"
Kal - "Oh Ma Cherie"
Zdob Shi Zdub - "Na Rechke, Na Rechke"
Gogol Bordello - "Illumination"
Perkalaba - "Boogay"
Shukar Collective - "Gipsy Blooz"
Romano Drom - "Deta Devla"

No comments: